Caroga Arts Collective presents the
Feldenkrais for All performers Workshop
June 2 - 7, 2018
This year, the Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop will be held in Caroga Lake, NY as part of the Caroga Arts Collective.
- Past applicants from 2017, please let us know via email if you will be attending by January 31, 2018. (No need to fill out form).
- All other applicants, please fill out the form below by MARCH 31, 2018.
About Feldenkrais for All Performers: Five days for all instrumentalists, singers, actors, and dancers dedicated to exploring the intimate relationship between body awareness and artistic expression, while learning to prevent injuries.
With musicians and Feldenkrais practitioners, Uri and Hagit Vardi, and Presentations featuring specialists in Integrative Health, Authentic Performance, and Baroque Dance.
The purpose of this workshop is to help musicians become aware of the intimate relationship between the way that they use their body and the music that they create. The benefit of this enhanced awareness includes an increase in artistic vocabulary, in the ability to more efficiently express musical intention, in the prevention of pain and injury, and in expedient healing from current injury.
Practitioners and Guest Artists for 2018:
- Uri Vardi, cello and Feldenkrais Practitioner
- Hagit Vardi, Feldenkrais Practitioner
- Jenny Kallick, Amherst College, Guest Lecture
- Paige Whitley-Baguess, Baroque Dance
What will the 2018 Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop include?:
- On-site workshops for musicians and other performers customized for your needs from half day to one week.
- Individual consultations
- Unlike previous years, tuition includes meals, housing, and shuttle transfer to/from Airport or Amtrak station!
Who can attend the Workshop?
- All performers! Ex: strings, winds, brass, percussion, voice, actors, and dancers, etc. etc.! are encouraged to sign-up for the Feldenkrais Workshop for All Performers! We are an open community and are here to help musicians become aware of the intimate relationship between the way that they use their body and the music that they create.
Do I need to audition for the Feldenkrais Workshop?
- No audition necessary! :) The Feldenkrais Workshop for All Performers is open enrollment to all!
Tuition, Meals, and Housing?
New this year, the Feldenkrais for All Performers tuition includes accommodation, meals, and shuttle transfer to/from Airport or Amtrak station.
2018 Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop:
- FAP Tuition: $760.00
- FAP Audit Tuition: $560.00 (does not include lessons)
Who do I contact if I have questions about the Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop or the National Summer Cello Institute?:
- Email us at: email@example.com
Additional Questions about the 2018 Feldenkrais for All performers workshop:
Where is the Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop being held?:
- The 2018 Feldenkrais Workshop for All Performers will be held in Caroga Lake, NY as part of the Caroga Arts Collective. The Caroga Arts Collective’s is located just northeast of the intersection of Route 29A and County Road 112 in the Town of Caroga.
- Albany International Airport is the designated airport to fly into and out of for the Feldenkrais Workshop and NSCI.
- Amtrak Station - Amsterdam (AMS) The Amtrak Station in Amsterdam is the closest train stop to Caroga Lake.
- 466 West Main Street, Johnstown, Amsterdam, NY 12010, United States
- Shuttle Pick-up and Drop-off
- Caroga Arts Collective will be providing a shuttle pick-up and drop-off at both the Amsterdam Amtrak Station and the Albany International Airport.
Accommodations and Meals:
- Participants will stay and dine at the Nick Stoner Inn. New this year: Accommodations and meals are included in the tuition!
Please complete the form below to confirm your spot in the 2018 Feldenkrais for All Performers Workshop.
Applications due by March 31st!
Past applicants from 2017, please let us know via email if you will be attending by January 31, 2018. (No need to fill out form).